Sr. HR Generalist
Category : Admin & Clerical
Location/City : WI - Waukesha
Id : 38017
Are you a HR guru looking to grow at a progressive, team-based organization built on a foundation of continuous improvement and employee engagement? If so, we have the gig for you!
We are on the hunt for a Sr. HR Generalist who will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. You will carry out responsibilities for all implementation and administration of human resource programs.
Think You've Got What It Takes? Keep Reading…Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You have a hand in all things hiring and developing, basically you are the team's go to person for career guidance.
Why you are right for this gig: You've got that HR gene that everyone seems to be buzzing about, meaning that you can handle employee engagement, benefit inquiries and coaching opportunities within the organization.
Keep walking if: Conflict resolution and manager consulting makes you uncomfortable, we need a real go getter for this gig!
Bonus points awarded for: Having PHR Certification.
Build your street cred by: Working at a tactical level with managerial/leadership team members to create a plan that will help the company reach strategic goals.
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted List
Skills & Requirements
- Grow organization staff through recruiting, testing, and interviewing; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes; managing the on-boarding process
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Maintains compensation / benefits programs; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Responsible for employee engagement, employee events meetings, communication and working with supervisors to Coaching/Counseling employees to resolve issues (attendance, behavior, and performance)
- Partnering with the General Manager to drive improvement in company's Human Capital Plan by documenting succession plans, employees with high potential, and acquiring needed talent; Supports the performance management process (e.g. disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, individual development plans, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resource Management; 5 to 7 years of Human Resources Generalist experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of HR policies and practices, compensation and benefits, organization change and effectiveness; Knowledge of Federal and state employment laws; Experience with recruiting at all levels, utilization of on-line recruiting tools and applicant tracking systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills and experience influencing at all levels within an organization; Understands general business metrics and they influence each department and its employees; Ability to work at tactical level with leadership team and non-managerial employee groups to understand the broader strategic goal
- Experience fostering employee communication and team work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong critical thinking skills, balance figures, compile statistics
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality; Detail oriented/organized; strong follow-through to meet deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, HRIS