Sr PMO Project Manager (1 yr contract)
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 37337
We are searching for a Senior Project Manager who can manage large systems integration projects along leading cloud-based migrations. This will include infrastructure deployments and applications upgrades. You will manage resources from several departments within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, consistent with the goals and objectives of the projects.
Think you have what it takes?
Five Things Google Can't Tell You
Why you are right for this job: You have experience leading large systems integration projects that require you to work with multiple departments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
We travel in packs: You will collaborate with the Business Units and Subject Matter Experts, along with multiple other departments to ensure the job gets done right.
Keep walking if: You don't have any Microsoft Project experience, expertise is mandatory.
The buck stops with you: You will function as the project management Subject Matter Expert for the project team.
What your coworkers will say about you: That you have excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively, and intelligently to all project stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- Work closely with team members to develop Work Breakdown Structures and estimating the time required to complete individual tasks in order to produce and maintain the project schedule
- Analyze prior projects to determine resource requirements, timeline and likely outcomes for similar project initiatives
- Forecast accurate schedule and budget estimates while managing scope creep
- Review and adjust project schedules based on established priorities and available resources
- Collaborate with the Business Units and Subject Matter Experts to ensure that project business objectives and all other project requirements documentation are captured and approved
- Function as the project management Subject Matter Expert for the project team
- Communicate delays in critical path tasks appropriately and provide risk mitigation or risk avoidance strategies and other solutions for on-time project delivery
- Experience leading large systems integration projects that span multiple departments or divisions
- Experience leading cloud-based migrations, infrastructure deployments, and application upgrade projects
- Microsoft Project expertise mandatory
- Ability to follow all company policies and procedures, including the PMO Framework to ensure consistency in project management
- Basic knowledge of Electronic Payments industry and technologies to intelligently discuss and understand relevant impacts to the projects is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to investigate and assess issues and accurately estimate budget and schedule requirements to avoid scope creep
- Ability to lead a team through successful project implementations on time and within budget
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate effectively to all project stakeholders and manage customers' expectations