Sr. Security Incident Response, Project Coordinator
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 41682
We are looking for a Sr. Security Incident Response Coordinator - this is a hands-on role which will be responsible for coordinating and enhancing the execution of the incident response processes. The ideal candidate has excellent communication proficiency with the ability to connect with other teams within the company and has a passion for problem-solving.
Think you're the right fit? Keep reading….Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for the job: You have the technical aptitude to be able to counter current processes and you don't have a problem questioning the system.
Keep walking if: Attention to detail and solution-finding isn't your strong point.
Nerd Alert: Can you outline common internet protocols in one breath?
How to tell you're kicking #$# after 90 days: You've helped improve incident response processes so that they flow in a manner of ease.
It will go better if: You're a self-starter with the ability to take direction and run with it.
Skills & Qualifications
- Coordinate the execution of the Security Incident Response Plan
- Project manage incident coordination, including convening appropriate technical audience, capturing even time lines and transferring verbal assigned actions to formal ticketing
- Maintain status and timeline of event and perform post-mortem analysis
- Provide reporting and metrics on the security incident response process for regular consumption by security leadership
- 3+ years of experience working in information security or information technology roles
- Strong project management or coordination within a technical platform
- Experience developing, implementing, and leading service-oriented security incident response programs
- Demonstrated ability to interact with business and technical audiences across all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of common internet protocols (e.g., DNS, HTTP)
- Security knowledge across multiple security domains and technologies (e.g., operating systems, databases, networking, applications, identity, and access management)
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain calm and focus a team during a situation
- Strong knowledge of project management approaches and coordination of short and medium duration projects
- Ability to travel as needed to support security incidents
- Possession of industry certifications highly preferred including, but not limited to, Certified
- Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Possession of project management certifications highly preferred including, but not limited to, Project Management Professional (PMP)