Supplier Development Engineer
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : GA - Conyers
Id : 41996
Are you a master of PCBs with a passion for supply chain success? We need YOU to be our client's next Supplier Development Engineer where you will serve as a jack of all trades throughout the supply chain organization process. In this role, you will impact production, quality, gross margin, gross sales, and the manufacturing process while ensuring quality material is delivered on time to customers.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Wear this, not that: Because of your many areas of expertise you'll be wearing a lot of hats in this role including supply chain management, quality assurance and supplier audits/development.
Keep walking if: FMEA and Six Sigma mean nothing to you, we need someone who can own failure mode and effective analysis processes.
Nerd Alert: You know your way around a PCB and understand its fabrication or assembly process
Pack your bags: This gig comes with TONS of travel opportunity, don't forget your toothbrush!
Bonus points awarded for: Using your strong background in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering to help ensure that all products are up to our high standards of safety and quality.
Skills & Requirements
- Work independently to develop, evaluate, and improve the supply chain organization by evaluating and auditing supplier facilities/processes
- Identify new sources of materials and resolve suppliers' nonconforming material issues
- Implement lean tools into supply base
- Review and audit potential suppliers for integration to reduce enterprise risk by identifying high-quality and low-cost solutions
- Promote continuous improvement through the establishment of KPI's and metrics
- Perform ONSITE quality systems assessments across commodities to confirm supplier structure, level of lean implementation, and effectiveness of quality management systems
- Assist suppliers in developing strategic quality improvement plans
- Manage the implementation, closure, and effectiveness of root cause countermeasures to find a resolution
- Strong experience in electronics printed circuit board assembly and electronic components
- PCB fabrication or PCB assembly experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience as a Quality or Manufacturing Engineer
- 3 years of experience performing on-site supplier audits related to safety, quality, process, and delivery performance
- 3 years of experience implementing and driving lean principles
- Engineering degree
- Knowledge of quality measurement tools such as FMEA, PQCT, Six Sigma, GR&R, GD&T