Supplier Quality Engineer
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 37625
We are on the hunt for a Supplier Quality Engineer who will perform specialized professional duties, which are varied in nature to participate in company quality improvement projects and to verify compliance for supplier quality assurance requirements.
You Got This? Keep Reading… Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You will have a hand in all things quality, meaning that it will be your job to identify quality trends, recommend process improvements, and provide Quality technical support.
What customers will say about you: You never miss a beat when it comes to quality assurance and audits, nothing gets past you!
Keep your eye on: Opportunities to provide consistent discretion and independent judgment to perform assignments of a professional nature requiring application of quality engineering and related techniques.
Keep walking if: Presenting information and answering questions from managers, clients and customers stresses you out, we need someone who can stay cool under pressure.
Build your street cred by: Preparing specific project quality assurance plans for assignments by reviewing contracts, purchase orders, certifications, audits, vendors, or trends.
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted List
Skills & Requirements
- Perform specific quality assurance projects primarily related to Suppliers and Supplier Quality Assurance under general guidance of Manager / Supervisor of Quality Engineering and Administration
- Conduct supplier audits, internal audits or contract compli¬ance reviews, while evaluating quality procedures and techniques
- Conduct Quality Engineering or Administration audits, investigations or case studies concerning supplier quality
- Serve as a member of multi-disciplined teams addressing root causes for corrective actions or material dispositions in support of supplier quality issues
- 4 year college or university program certificate; or 2 - 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutation
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis
- Have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, ERP software, Project Management software, Design software, etc.