Technical Service Representative
Category : Sales & Marketing
Location/City : CA - Los Angeles
Id : 37405
We're searching for a Technical Service Representative on behalf of a client in the Los Angeles Area. In this position, you'll work independently and as a member of a small sales team by providing technical expertise and support for a direct customer. You are the expert to ensure that our client is properly trained on the use and application of products, services and equipment to provide technical expertise and support to our direct customer in the automotive collision center industry.5 Things You Can't Google About This Gig
And now for the mundane. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for this job: You have nearly a decade of experience in Collision Paint or Management, not to mention, you're great at working with other teams as well as customers.
Keep walking if: You have zero experience with presenting and training and even less desire to take on a role that requires conducting presentations.
How to get voted off the island: You won't last long around here if you ignore governmental and safety standards.
The company: Offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families.
Fringe benefits: This is a remote role. While you're required to have a home-office in the LA Area, you'll get to work in the comfort of your own home.
Skills & Qualifications
- In conjunction with the sales team, the Technical Service Representative ensures that customers are properly trained on the use and application of products, services and equipment
- Coordinates site testing and introduction of new products
- Assists the sales team as required on special customer projects such as line trials for key prospects and troubleshooting for current customers
- Works in collaboration with the Technical Consultant to educate customers regarding governmental and safety standards
- 5+ years in direct application of automotive car refinishing products; must be able to demonstrate expertise in refinish application techniques and professional knowledge of refinish repair processes
- High school diploma required; Technical or vocational education in auto refinishing preferred
- MS Office experience
- Must possess technical problem solving; be an effective time manager and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills; ability to relate to a diverse client base including painters & prep teams up to collision center managers including district and region leadership teams
- Position requires frequent use of a respirator and requires an annual fit test